Classic JDM Forum banner

CRX Hunting

2K views 33 replies 4 participants last post by  St00k 
#1 ·
Hi all. Former OG Honda owner. I had an EG Civic and a DA Integra. Loved those cars.

Then family life came along.

I'm always hunting for a CRX. I feel like I missed the window of opportunity where they were affordable and in decent shape. It seemed about 10 years ago you could get an amazing one for $5k. Now those same ones are $15k.

I guess if I'm honest I don't mind one that needs some work. That's part of the fun of buying one!

#3 ·
Hey @St00k, I know what you mean.

Years ago when I was shopping for Lexus SC400s they were dirty cheap. Now the same year/color/trim/transmission/mileage/etc. SC that would sell for $3,000-4,000 many years ago now goes for $10,000 EASILY.

Still pushing to get back into the SC game and it might take some creative hunting to find one for a reasonable price. But I might go with whatever shows up on the big auction sites.

What exact CRX spec are you after?

#15 ·
Just saw this pop up. Not the right one... but nice

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Land vehicle Tire

#16 ·
Are you keeping an eye on auction sites like Bring a Trailer? They had some sell for reasonable prices and usually what ends up on that site are better condition models. But you can't beat the value found on forums like what you linked.
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

#24 ·
That graph looks scary. They are definitely spiking in price. They'll be unaffordable soon... although it feels like a recession is coming and that will definitely drive prices down.

I'm not hoping for a recession, that's for sure... but it might make prices a bit more sane.

#27 ·
That CRX is in a sweet spot where it won't sell for crazy now but can potentially in the coming years, especially given its condition. Some minor TLC and going back to OEM wheels should help it pull in some more dough when the time comes. I would buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.